Here, Fishy Fishy Fishy!
This is the start of the next checkerboard ottoman I'm designing. It's sitting here in the Studio just swimming upstream (kind of like how I feel lots of times).
I'm looking forward to a little bit of time after the holidays to see how the design develops, finish the ottoman and have it ready for sale.
Check out the new door to the Studio! The mess I have in the back doesn't feel near as overwhelming as it does when you look down that long hallway. I can clean one room at a time now and feel like I'm getting something accomplished. Now to get the door painted and the back Studio cleaned up!!
I think I keep adding more to my list than I'm taking off! LOL
1. Cut a quilted piece of fabric 10" x 18"
2. Cut a lining piece 10" x 22"
3. Cut two pieces of fabric 1" x 10" for straps.
4. Fold both lining and quilted piece individually in half so that it is still 10" wide and either 9" or 11" tall. Sew the side seams.
5. Fold the bottom of the bags so that the seam runs down the middle of a triangle shape. From the point, measure in 1" and stitch perpendicular to the seam... this forms the bottom gusset of the bag.
6. Put the two bags together with the wrong sides together and the quilted piece on the outside.
7. Fold the lining over the top and evenly and stitch around on the machine.